New 100g and Cascade 1000 filter tips or advice on filter please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heathers_hounds

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi! So I have had my new 100 g aquarium and cascade 1000 filter for 3 years (waiting on floor repair before I set it up). I ended up moving it to another room and boy am I ready to get going. I opened the filter today, and wow the instruction poster is almost as big as I am! Looking for tips or advice before I get going. I do know now, I will need another filter. For now, I will set up w this one and add another or upgrade later. I want to keep cichlids. I have 100 lbs of TMS ready to go in as well!

well while rinsing tank out, I'm seeing it's not level...is that a problem w tank this size? what to use to fix it. tank is sitting on carpet

Last edited:
Hi! I finally got my cascade 1000 up and running. The two most important things I remember are to make sure the hoses are flexible before attaching by heating end in warm water and on the valve control screw the nut down all the way before screwing it up to tighten. Plus it may take more than four pushes to prime it. (You'll hear it when it does.) Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom