New 30 gal breeder tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hunterinthedark

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 30 gal breeder tank. I currently have a over stocked 10 gal aquarium, with mollies, that is not properly set up. So I need some advice on how to set up the 30 gal. I'm unsure about what kind of filter system or if I should use a power head, sponge filter, or under gravel filter. I will also be cycling this tank and I was trying to find out what kind of ammonia to use I see that lost everyone suggests ace hardware brand. I don't have ace hardware close to me so any other suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I just picked one of those up too, i love it, sweet tank! I'm currently running way too much filtration with an aquaclear 70, penguin 200 and now an aqueon 30 for diy co2.. if you already have a tank running just take the filter off it and put it in the new tank.. 2 day cycle..boom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I prefer aquaclear hob filters, a 50 or 70 would be good, with an air-driven sponge filter for backup in case the hob doesn't restart after a power outage. If you have mollies breeding I'd add some SA bumblebee catfish of a couple of raphael cats to control the fry. I had a trio of sailfin mollies in a 55 with cichlids, finally took them back to the lfs because I was tired of the fry growing out and crowding the tank.

Back
Top Bottom