New 60 Gallon - LED Lighting Thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tarunc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello All.
So I am starting on my saltwater venture. My tank is in the cycling stage now and water is doing very well based on the advice I have gotten here....THANK YOU!.

I have a question, naturally....I am currently using the 2 fluorescent hoods that came with my tank and I know they will not be adequate going forward.. The plan is to start with a FOWLR tank and eventually introduce some live corals... I also think it would be efficient to switch to LED when the budget allows. I have been looking at the Current USA LED hood for my tank.

Current USA Orbit Marine LED Aquarium Fixture 48" 60" Wireless Ramp Timer Pro | eBay

I know the TAOTronics are loved here...but I dont really have options for hanging them above my tank...so I need something I can put across the top as a hood replacement.

Anyone have thoughts on the CURRENT USA ORBIT MARINE LED AQUARIUM FIXTURE 48"-60" - WIRELESS RAMP TIMER PRO?

The model is sold for 225+ for the time being...
I await your responses and thank you in advance...

I would want something more powerful if you intend to keep stony corals and clams. Otherwise, the current fixture should work for you.

I used the tao over my 60g with bars that mount to the back of the stand. You can buy premade ones or make your own.

here is a shot of them

Back
Top Bottom