New & noisy Eheim 2215

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elbeasto

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of the main reasons I bought this filter is because they are supposed to be quiet. I've even heard of people saying that they are "silent". The one I have running now is far from silent. It's far from quiet even.

Is there anything I could try other than tilting it?

Are there any canister filters available that actually are quiet?

Thanks

My eheim classic is silent .Is there something stuck in the impeller or maybe the impeller cover is not tight. Or is it air bubbles?

I recently bought an eheim, and man is it quiet. I bought it because i was changing everything in my tank going for silence. I have to say the first day though, i was happy with it, but a little disappointed because everyone says theyre "silent". The first night it was on, it was making a little noise, but when i came home from work the next day it had gotten much quieter. Now theres no vibration at all, only the slight sound of water running through it. If you bought it new from the store, i would give it a day to settle down. Also, when i open it for cleaning, if i dont open the valves and let all the water run in and the air run out of the output valve, after turning it on it makes a little noise for a while.

i find when i clean mine if i start it then shut it off after a min. a couple of times it gets the air out better then tilting it.

Air seems to be getting trapped under the carbon pad, I managed to get rid of most of it by opening it up and pushing down on the media. Unfortunately the noise is still there...

I've tried taking the head apart, it all seemed ok.

So if I can hear it 5 meters away then something is definately wrong?

Thanks for the replies :)

I have to put my ear on it to hear if its running.That's how quiet it should be.

I think the word "silent", is over used with canister filters. There's no way something with an impeller and hunderds of liters gushing through it can be silent.

A filter might be inaudible because it's in a cabinet or whatever but sitting on the floor in the open they would make at least some noise.

If someone claims that their filter is silent in the open then they are either immune to noise, are hard of hearing or a retailer. :p

Back
Top Bottom