New AquaClear 50!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got a deal on an AquaClear 50 for my 10 gallon tank. I love it! So quiet! Within an hour the water was so clear, it puts out a good amount of flow too, the sides of the tank are getting nice movement. Right now, I only have the foam in the filter..... what do you guys put in yours?

I use the foam and bag of ceramic media. Save the carbon. I have an AC70 in my 20 gallon tank and AC110s on each of my 55 gallon tanks.

I kept the original sponge, but left out the ceramics and carbon.

Sponge at the bottom. Bag of Purigen in the middle. Bag of Matrix at the top.

Enjoy your filter.

I use one sponge, a piece of filter pad from my old filter, a media bag with carbon and the biomax (in that order bottom to top). I know many here skip the carbon. With my well water, I prefer to use it, but buy it in bulk and put it in bags I bought at Dr Foster and Smith (an official vendor here). As recommended by others when I asked, I only ever rinse the media in tank water, except for the carbon which I replace monthly. I love my AquaClear.

I have two 50's on my 26gal bowfront. I use sponge and ceramic in first one and all ceramic in the second one. Love those filters.

I use foam, biomax and filter floss (bottom to top). Filter floss keeps the water clear for both my tanks. I run an AC70 on my 60 and 2 AC30s on my 10.

Back
Top Bottom