New aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxlab76

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I am looking to get a new aquarium. My 55g just doesnt cut it anymore. I have about $3,000.oo to spend and I am looking at getting the largest tank that I can for my money. I need to get one with a nice furniture style stand and canopy. Does anyone know where the best spot to start looking? Any good experiences with ordering online?

Thanks
:whistle:

hmmm
that is going to be nice
just keep in mind when you are budgeting, the stand will cost just as much or more than the tank and the accessories you will need will match those costs as well.
your best bet might be to contact a local contractor to have a custom built tank.

custom built yes...how about a mega long one that stretches across the whole wall? maybe a 400 gallon or so with panels for every 100 gallons so you can have loooaaads of different fish and epic ones too. or some sharks u know ;P

Sounds like good ideas. Do you think getting a 200 to 300 gallon tank with a full set up for salt water plus stand and canopy is unreasonable for $3,000?

hmmm,
have you owned a salt water tank before?

they require alot of work and dedication but that mainly depends on what you plan to keep.
exclude live coral and you can cut down costs alot.
you can add pieces at a time, but keep in mind how much you are spending in the long run.

I think on your budget it is best to stick to 100-150G tank
if you need a nice wood stand

petsmart, keep in mind saltwater choice has extra parts
dr.foster

maxlab76 said:
Sounds like good ideas. Do you think getting a 200 to 300 gallon tank with a full set up for salt water plus stand and canopy is unreasonable for $3,000?

Thera a fish store by my house that sells tanks for cheap

GhillieSniper115 said:
Thera a fish store by my house that sells tanks for cheap

Try kijiji or craigslist or used whatever ur city is you can find almost anything on those

image-344029392.jpg

Picked this 90g up for a 300$ steal even came with 20g sump and a mag 3

Go to glasscages.com they just made me a awsome tank !! Unbelievable quality !! The stand and hood is the nicest I have ever seen and it's unfinished so u can match it to your decor !! I opted for the starfire glass it's clear like acrylic not green !! The prices are real good 2

It know where I am at there is local forums one has someone that custom builds stand for what I think is very reasonable for quality, Also there are a few people upgrading and will sell a furniture grade set up very reasonable there is also craigslist as well for tanks and stands. For 3000 all new you might get a decent 55 with softies and LPS if you are going the coral route.

Check you the type of fish you want first and go from there on size if you want things like tangs they need a long tank at least 6 foot. If get fish that don't need the zoom room like a snowflake eel you can get by with a smaller tank.

Myself I buy used and try to get the full setup. Then as I upgrade I either give away or sell the things I am not using.

maxlab76 said:
Hi,
I am looking to get a new aquarium. My 55g just doesnt cut it anymore. I have about $3,000.oo to spend and I am looking at getting the largest tank that I can for my money. I need to get one with a nice furniture style stand and canopy. Does anyone know where the best spot to start looking? Any good experiences with ordering online?

Thanks
:whistle:

You know, wen I get my second tank(55g or a 30g) I'm guna make my own stand out of wood

Back
Top Bottom