Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Whiteout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyfishies View Post
Isn't this a 20g long tank?
I do believe it is thought it was a twenty high
__________________

__________________
Whiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Sillyfishies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Omaha,Nebraska
Posts: 3,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteout View Post

I do believe it is thought it was a twenty high
20 longs are 30"
__________________

__________________
90g Reef
30g Long Frag Tank
10g Planted
3g Pico Reef
Sillyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Whiteout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyfishies View Post

20 longs are 30"
I remembered I was trying to hello him or her when I was almost asleep lol
__________________
Whiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 114
So I just measured the old canopy and it's 29 5/8"x12 1/2". Is this a 20 long and will a common 30x12 canopy fit?
__________________
Antler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Whiteout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antler View Post
So I just measured the old canopy and it's 29 5/8"x12 1/2". Is this a 20 long and will a common 30x12 canopy fit?
Yes Sorry about Al the confusion I thought it was a twenty high
__________________
Whiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 114
Great thanks folks. Another question now.

I currently have 5 giant danios, a rainbow shark, and Florida blue crayfish in my 10 gallon. I want to tear it down and start the new tank. Plan is to move all the water and fish into new tank (new substrate and rock) and top up with treated tap water. Setup the new aqua clear 70, and run the smaller filter from the 10 gallon on the new tank for a month.

This sound like a good plan?
__________________
Antler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:41 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Whiteout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antler View Post
Great thanks folks. Another question now.

I currently have 5 giant danios, a rainbow shark, and Florida blue crayfish in my 10 gallon. I want to tear it down and start the new tank. Plan is to move all the water and fish into new tank (new substrate and rock) and top up with treated tap water. Setup the new aqua clear 70, and run the smaller filter from the 10 gallon on the new tank for a month.

This sound like a good plan?
I don't know if you know but the rainbow shark will need to be rehomed eventually and if you could get a new filter for the twenty but use the old media to get it started cause with the smaller filter won't do that good in a bigger tank my motto is over filtering is best lol just my opinion some others might give you better advice
__________________
Whiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteout View Post

I don't know if you know but the rainbow shark will need to be rehomed eventually and if you could get a new filter for the twenty but use the old media to get it started cause with the smaller filter won't do that good in a bigger tank my motto is over filtering is best lol just my opinion some others might give you better advice
Thanks yes I hope to get a 45-55 gallon setup eventually. With the filter I have an aqua clear 70 bought for the 20 gallon, I'm just going to run the filter from my 10 gallon too for the BB.

Will I still have a mini-cycle if I do this?
__________________
Antler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Whiteout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antler View Post

Thanks yes I hope to get a 45-55 gallon setup eventually. With the filter I have an aqua clear 70 bought for the 20 gallon, I'm just going to run the filter from my 10 gallon too for the BB.

Will I still have a mini-cycle if I do this?
Got ya just didn't know if you knew and I do believe you will it will just take less time to cycle.it
__________________

__________________
Whiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.