New Aquaticlife t5ho owner needs help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TroutBum23

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone,

I just picked up an Aquaticlife 4bulb T5HO today and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for setting up the timer. It has 2 daylights, 1 attintic, 1 purple and also has the built in LED lunar lights.

As some of you know, this has a built in 3 stage timer which controls the whites, blue/purple and lunar all separately...

my questions are...

1. What is the recommended time frame to run the lights? The timers built in function has the whites and blue/purple coming on in the am, then off around 5pm with the attintic staying on till 8pm, then they kick off and the lunars come on at 8pm and stay on until around 7am.

2. Should I be tweeking the settings? Or is it fine the way it is?

I'm still trying to read up on what lights are for what so any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!

I can definitely say this...this light is super bright and a definite upgrade from the 1 bulb T8 bargain light...

We just purchased this, but the 6 bulb fixture for our 45 gal. :)

We have a similar unit, Coralife Aqualight w/ lunar LEd's on our 38 gallon, that one has 3 seperate cords all plugged into seperate timers. This is our current lighting schedule and seems to work well for our corals: Actinics are on 12 hrs. (6am - 6pm), daylights are on 10 hours (7am - 5pm), and the LED's are on (7pm - 5 am).

Back
Top Bottom