New bulbs needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys its been awhile!

Anyway, i need new light bulbs for the tank. Suggestions? Tank uses 6 bulbs. I like more of a whiter light, nothing too blue. So 3 blue 3 white? API? What K and wattage do i need? Thanks!

How big is the tank, how long is the fixture.Have you thought about LED's for the price of those 6 bulbs you could get a taotronics LED setup.

tonedogz said:
How big is the tank, how long is the fixture.Have you thought about LED's for the price of those 6 bulbs you could get a taotronics LED setup.

I think its 36". Its a RSM 250 so the fixture if built on and is pretty good. What brand bulbs should i get?

Its a saltwater reef

if its 36' like you said I would pick up one of these taotronics there $149. on ebay
I love mine
just ordered another for my other tank since the bulbs would have cost about the same just to replace

Hey grant, you should get some ATI bulbs. I just ordered some a couple of weeks ago off brs. If you want more of a whitish look I'd go with 3 aquablue special and 3 ATI blue plus. I got the coral plus with the blue plus because I like the bluer look

Back
Top Bottom