Well it took a couple of days, but I got it switched around.
Made a few changes. Have the Mag 5 still pulling through the micron sleeve, but it is also feeding the skimmer. took the Sicce 300gph pump and made a DIY carbon "canister" from 2" PVC
and have the water being pulled through that and then sent to the GFO
and Purigen reactors. I haven't routed the effluent from the reactors to the second sump yet. Had a few mishaps along the way.
So as you can see from my illustration I have a display refugium on top of the main display. Well on Sunday I began working on everything and needed to redo the return plumbing as it had a restriction that was getting clogged with stomatella snails, so I had turned it off before going to bed, don't need another flood at 2 am.
Worked Sunday night until around 9:30 I realized I was about 2' short of 1" hose.....
, so I clean up and go to bed.
Get up Monday morning, notice the refugium is a little "chilly" so I turn the pump that feeds it on and it all flows and drains nicely so I go to make coffee and stuff. I walk back into the room to the sound of water splashing!!!
Snails plugged the drain again and about 3-4 gallons of water have overflowed the refugium!!!!!!!
So I mop up and get everything squared away and all the plumbing fixed up, new drain set-up for the refugium, clean the outside of the tank so it has that polished look/feel and I'm done.
BUT WAIT! There's more.........
So I'm checking things out and still not happy with the amount of splashing from the drain into the socks, so I shut the drain valve and stick my head under the stand to fix it.......
then about 45 seconds later I start getting a shower of salt water all over my head and back!!!!!!!!
I forgot to turn off the return pump....DOH!!!!!!!!
So, after another round of cleaning, mopping and cursing I am about 90% done and just a few tweaks to fine tune stuff.
Thank goodness the room the tank is in is the only one with tile instead of carpet.
I managed to segregate the chemical portions from the biological portions with water being processed by the chemical filtration first then on to bio.
Was able to add another heater to the second sump so that will help alleviate the burden of keeping the tank warm with only one heater.
Also gained about 12 gallons of water capacity for the system, so that's good.
still being lazy with the pics.......sorry.