NEW - Current Satellite LED+ (6,500K/RGB) - Initial Impressions / Lots of Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your tank looks great Cory! Your plants look happy... no algae too!

They really are happy plants. As to algae, I have 3 really happy otos, lol. I leave my lights on 9 hours just to make sure I grow enough algae to keep the otos busy, but they do get a zucchini treat once a week, too.

thanks for sharing this product... I am sold on it, but I have a question...

I have a 150 gal African Cichlid tank... do I need just one of these or should I get 2 of the 48-60"?

I would say one if you are not growing plants. My tank is 24" to the gravel and is still pretty bright. If I wasn't growing plants I would probably have bought two for better coverage front to back

I would say one if you are not growing plants. My tank is 24" to the gravel and is still pretty bright. If I wasn't growing plants I would probably have bought two for better coverage front to back

I'm definately NOT growing plants...esp with Africans since they dig the place up like crazy...

just not sure if one strip is enough to cover from front to back of the 150

If your budget permits you should get two.. it has the ability for you to customize the output to dim it anyways. You'll have more uniform coverage front and back.

Or you can always try one, if it's not enough you can order a second one later.

Understandable... let us know how you like it once you get it..pictures would be nice too.

sent them an e-mail asking them what sizes and how many to order.

My tank is 18x72 and the longest they carry is 60"

hoping to pull the trigger on this order today

Current USA customer service is great... had a quick reply to my question.... sooooo

I went to Dr Foster and Smith web and pulled the trigger on 2 36" Freshwater plus!!!

now as Tom Petty once sadi...the waiting is the hardest part

No prob.. I certainly enjoy mine, thought it would help to spread information and pictures. I'm the type to research before I buy and I appreciate when I find pictures and insightful reviews or what not on a new product.

New Announcements!

I just launched a Satellite+ Club on TPT to showcase your tanks, share information, and learn more about your Sat+ fixture!
Here: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=420457

Also, Current is running a contest to give-away some of their newly announced Ramp Timers! Contest starts now through September 15th.

To enter, join the Sat+ Club by posting your tank there and also in the Current Sponsor forum...

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=420561

Sounds like fun! :)

Last edited:
I've since started using two Sat+ lights on a 17g rimless tank. Getting about 72 PAR by using two. Running it high tech with co2 and modified PPS-PRO dosing regimen.

Quick little YouTube vid showing my plants pearling with just a few hours under 2x Sat+ lights! I turned the filter off so you can see the bubbles flowing straight up like carbonated water :) plants loving it!

Tank still has a ways to go. Cleaning up and growing out. Work in progress!

Hi Brian,

You have some really amazing tanks. just wicked plants and great looking lights.

I was wondering if you can offer some advice. I don't have a aquarium...but I have a terrarium. I grow carnivorous plants and mostly nepenthes, some cloud forest orchids and stuff.

I have been looking at replacing my 3 x 25 watt 6500K CFL + 2 x T8 fixture over a 24" exoterra 18" tall tank. it currently looks like this (old pic...few months old).

8939150986_b9bc78db88_h.jpg

unfortunately....the colour and growth isn't where I want it to be. My carnivorous plants are light hungry and I lost alot of plants since I scaled my setup down. I used to use a 8 x 48" T5 setup before...on two big 2' wide tanks.

but now I want to try LED.

I am torn between these:

FINNEX RAY 2 DUAL 7000K. Planning on getting 2 of these.

SATELLITE LED + x 2.

Both are around 200$ for each set of 2.

I was wondering since you have both...what do u think is better? in your experience...which is more intense and good for colour.

I also thought of getting two finnex ray 2 for intensity and 1 satellite plus for red colour and then use the programming to simulate effects.

What do u think?

any help or advice would be awesome.

thanks,

Varun

Back
Top Bottom