NEW - Current Satellite LED+ (6,500K/RGB) - Initial Impressions / Lots of Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just pulled trigger on one these for my 36 gallon bowfront. I'll update and post some pics when I get it up and runnin'......

Cool... congrats on the new light! I'm sure you'll have fun with the dynamic modes as I do. Looking forward to the pics :)

Taking the plunge ordering my light 48-60" LED+ in a few days with a glass top and some new life spectrum comm. Food on sale all three shipped $164.37 Dr Fosters and Smith is awsome

Hello , thank you all for the review, I wanted to ask you what size I should get. I have a 75 gal 48x18x24 and I am not sure if I should get 36-48 or 48-60. I will have lightly planted low light plants .

Thank you

To all you Satellite LED+ fans... New high powered (1w LED/RGB chips) fixture in the works... sneak peak and preliminary PAR data released. Quoted from a TPT thread to keep you guys in the loop:

:eek5:

At 10:10 minutes, you'll get a sneak peak at the new light!!
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]yqbPxzVNPh8, list: UU20FNzjmKeKfZX79PXDokBw[/MEDIA]"]Reef-A-Palooza 2013 Day 2 - Full Coverage - YouTube[/ame]

We took your feedback and put it into our new light at ECOXOTIC, Current-USA's sister company!

leaked features:
PAR: 120+ micromoles at 12 inches! with one row of EXTREMELY bright LEDs
will come in 12, 24, 36, 48 inches with extendable legs
comes with inline ramp timer with automated ramp and moonlight and remote!
dynamic settings like lightning, cloud cover

This light is SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR YOU. Comment if you want your recommendations and feedback to be incorporated! No other questions will be answered because everything finalized has already been stated above. Pricing, timer specs, functions etc. are still in the process of being finalized.

Kevin

Would the current USA LEDs be enough to be the only light on my 50 gallon

Would the current USA LEDs be enough to be the only light on my 50 gallon

Depends... would a two or three bulb t5ho be enough light for you? That's the rumor of its equivalence. Like the Current Sat+ is equivalent to 1x t5ho, whereas the new ecoxotic would be about 3X t5ho.

Depends... would a two or three bulb t5ho be enough light for you? That's the rumor of its equivalence. Like the Current Sat+ is equivalent to 1x t5ho, whereas the new ecoxotic would be about 3X t5ho.
So if I got the exotic one I would have highlight?

You should probably go on the link I linked to earlier to TPT and ask the Current Rep. They only indicated 120 PAR from 12"... PAR is reduced the taller your tank is. You'd have to be at 80+ PAR to be considered "high light." This light is still be finalized. I'm sure with patience, more detailed information will surface and be revealed.

If the ecoxotic light is as powerful as they say, I think it'd be great on the 50g, depending on the height. Even if it doesn't put you over 80, a par close to it will be enough to grow almost anything well, especially if you run co2. Anything too high and the tank starts to get harder to deal with. What are the dimensions of this tank?

48 long 12 wide 18 high
However my sand bed is really thick so lights only have to shine through 15 in height

48 long 12 wide 18 high
However my sand bed is really thick so lights only have to shine through 15 in height

I'd wait for that new ecoxotic light if you can. If you want close to high light on that tank, you'll have it. If you want lower light, you'll have the ability to dim the fixture down to your preferred lighting level.

I plan on importing the Satellite LED+ 36"-48". This light is ONLY sold in the US. Does $150 sound about right or is there somewhere else selling them cheaper??. I am currently using Ebay(US), Amazon(US) won't ship this light to Ireland.....
Any names of places to buy would be very much appreciated.

I plan on importing the Satellite LED+ 36"-48". This light is ONLY sold in the US. Does $150 sound about right or is there somewhere else selling them cheaper??. I am currently using Ebay(US), Amazon(US) won't ship this light to Ireland.....
Any names of places to buy would be very much appreciated.

just send the light to me, buy me a ticket, I'll bring it to you...lol...always have wanted to visit Ireland......

just send the light to me, buy me a ticket, I'll bring it to you...lol...always have wanted to visit Ireland......
Haha. Somehow I think it might be cheaper to pay the shipping and import tax. If you are ever coming over though, I could prepare a wish list of equipment I need and pay you in Guinness??

Back
Top Bottom