New external filter. (Uk)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ginty

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi
i currently have a fluval 206 that i brpught 2nd hand over a year ago for my 110litre tank.
I keep having trouble with o-rings not lasting very long. Ive greased them and they are only lasting about 6months.
As far as im concerned it has done its job as i only paid £25 for it.

Whats a good external filter for a 110litre tank and isnt too expensive.

Thanks for reading

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ive done the vaseline thing. Ive used non toxic, food grade silicone grease also.
I think the canister clamps are not doing their job properly. The right hand one closes and there is hardly any pressure pressing down to make a tight seal.

Any recomendations. But please bare in mind im in the uk.

Gallon per hour. Vaseline makes them leak more. The more you take the lid off the more the o ring will wear. An o ring is a perishable seal. That's why they sell them as a spare part as it requires replacing over time. I've had this current o ring on for nearly a year now and I haven't greased it once.

Go with the Fluval again but keep up on maintenance. The more servicing the longer it will last.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also if you are going to grease the o ring. Use the lubricant that is specified by Fluval. As for the clamps, springs wear out too. Are you sure you can't get these as a spare part?

Gallon per hour. Vaseline makes them leak more. The more you take the lid off the more the o ring will wear. An o ring is a perishable seal. That's why they sell them as a spare part as it requires replacing over time. I've had this current o ring on for nearly a year now and I haven't greased it once.

Go with the Fluval again but keep up on maintenance. The more servicing the longer it will last.

Oh ok. I work in litres that why i didnt know. Lol.
I hear what you are saying but one clip definitely isnt doing the intended job. I have two spare o-rings. Ill try one without any grease on it. Id be happy if they lasted a year or over.
How often do you clean your filter.
I did have to open it mire this time due to medication and adding carbon then removing it after a week.

I noticed when I first got my 306 or whatever I have if I added pressure to the lid and created the seal then clamped then completly it helped a lot. May be worth a try

Ill have a go but i think i will get a new filter.

Whats peoples opinions on the eheim ecco pro 200?

Back
Top Bottom