New Fluval LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Recently there's been some talk about LED lighting. I skimmed over the thread that Brian had posted in this forum.

The light is a slick design.

74 LEDs
1200 lumens
17w

I'm curious as to how effective this light will be. Also if I should perhaps give this a try or return it for a T5HO fixture.

image-3161371789.jpg

image-1126028325.jpg

Please help. I'm having some buyers remorse

Recently there's been some talk about LED lighting. I skimmed over the thread that Brian had posted in this forum.

The light is a slick design.

74 LEDs
1200 lumens
17w

I'm curious as to how effective this light will be. Also if I should perhaps give this a try or return it for a T5HO fixture.

Please help. I'm having some buyers remorse

17 isn't a lot of light I'm pretty sure. How much did you pay? A finnex ray 2 would be a much better choice. Or if you want to go really cheap, go with LED floodlights.

I paid about 150. Bit of an impulse buy I must say :/

Does the watt rule apply to LEDs?

I just ordered the 48" Finnex FugeRay Planted+ LED Fixture for $149ish they also have a 10% off but its ending sometime today. It's a med light fixture for my 75g.

AquaVibrant

Awesome. I will probably return this low light fixture for a med. can you grow carpets with it?

I would lean toward no on carpets with this light. The If you went with the ray II DS deffenitly a high light unit but dont recall its price.

I would lean toward no on carpets with this light. The If you went with the ray II DS deffenitly a high light unit but dont recall its price.

Do we have PAR data for it yet? You could definitely grow a hydrocotyle sp. Japan or a dwarf 4 leaf clover carpet. And depending on the PAR, you might be able to grow a DHG carpet.

They are show par on a 24" fixture at 15" depth to be 45. Thats from finnex and havent been verifed as of yet. A few guy on plant tank got the unit to review but havent posted par readings yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom