New HOB Filter with Protein Skimmer thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swimmer910

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have you guys seen the new Coralife marine filter with a protein skimmer attached? I think it's a pretty neat,but wonder how effective it really is. What are your thoughts on it?

IMG_2691.jpg

Looks like junk to me. The cup seems like it would be pretty small and I doubt the pump is very strong. I wouldn't waste money on it. Skimmers are really only as good as their pump

I just bought one

I just bought one of these combo filter / skimmer online. I saw one at my LFS. we'll see how it works once it comes in.

I got mine today, But the skimmer is to load and I dont think is working well. let us know how was you'r experience when you got you'rs pls.

Backordered

Will do the place I ordered it from said it won't be until next week... ugh

Finally got it! Been on for a day now. Seems to be working good so far. Had a half a cup of funk today. Was easy to take off and dump out. Did a water change today. I will say it is kinda loud but my tank is ok the den so it's not a bother. If your tank is in a space that's close to you it may be an issue

Back
Top Bottom