New hood for 3g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieKeeper429

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Currently I have no hood for my 3g Betta keeper because I have to have a heater for it. The water is evaporating on the 3g and its really bugging me. Should I add a hood or is it not worth it?

You can get a piece of plexi glass from Home Depot, cut some holes in it for air exchange, filter/heater cords, etc, and you're good to go.

Yup, no problem. It's way cheaper than a hood. Make sure to cut a whole where the light is though, it'll warp otherwise. I use this for tank dividers, too. Well, in small tanks. It's nice since it's clear, don't see it like other DIY dividers or store bought ones. If you use it for a divider someday, make sure to drill holes for water flow!

Yup, no problem. It's way cheaper than a hood. Make sure to cut a whole where the light is though, it'll warp otherwise. I use this for tank dividers, too. Well, in small tanks. It's nice since it's clear, don't see it like other DIY dividers or store bought ones. If you use it for a divider someday, make sure to drill holes for water flow!

I only have a bedside lamp next to the tank. It's placed on my bedside stand with my lamp and alarm clock.

Back
Top Bottom