Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-02-2015, 04:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
New Jaebo 4 hub dosing pump

I saw a jaebo dosing pump on sale at amazon. Since I have a bunch of jaebo products and have yet to have any issue with their products that wasn't rapidly solved by customer support I decided to give it a try.

They are currently $81 right here:
Amazon.com: Jebao Programmable Auto Dosing Pump DP-4: Pet Supplies

Initial thoughts on this product is that it appears fairly well made. The directions are a little unclear... but hey, they are translated from Japanese. In any case the pump is still easy to set up.

Each pump can be individually calibrated. I don't currently have anything that's accurate for measuring mL, but I will fix that tomorrow. In any case, the doses are consistent.

Options for automatic pump setup:
1 - Time for the dose to be dispensed
2 - Amount to be dispensed (of course)
3 - Number of doses per day up to 24 times
4 - Number of days between doses (Think 24 doses one day, skip a day, and then 24 doses the next day) with up to 30 days between doses.

This pump also has a manual dosing mode.

I have read reports of some of the pumps not functioning out of the box. However, the faulty pumps were quickly replaced by customer support for no cost.

Jaebo is a company with a genius business plan and I am continuing to be impressed with the equipment they sell. I don't expect this stuff to be the best in the world but if you don't have a lot of money they are certainly opening up the reefing hobby to more people. I am continuing to be a fan.

I'll be sure to keep this thread updated as well as occasionally measuring the output to make sure it stays consistent.
Mebbid's Fishtopia: Various builds
"The simplest explanation for some phenomenon is more likely to be accurate than more complicated explanations." -Occam's razor
Mebbid is offline   Reply With Quote

dosing, pump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com