New Jaebo 4 hub dosing pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw a jaebo dosing pump on sale at amazon. Since I have a bunch of jaebo products and have yet to have any issue with their products that wasn't rapidly solved by customer support I decided to give it a try.

They are currently $81 right here:
Amazon.com: Jebao Programmable Auto Dosing Pump DP-4: Pet Supplies

9EmmhDa.jpg

Initial thoughts on this product is that it appears fairly well made. The directions are a little unclear... but hey, they are translated from Japanese. In any case the pump is still easy to set up.

Each pump can be individually calibrated. I don't currently have anything that's accurate for measuring mL, but I will fix that tomorrow. In any case, the doses are consistent.

Options for automatic pump setup:
1 - Time for the dose to be dispensed
2 - Amount to be dispensed (of course)
3 - Number of doses per day up to 24 times
4 - Number of days between doses (Think 24 doses one day, skip a day, and then 24 doses the next day) with up to 30 days between doses.

This pump also has a manual dosing mode.

I have read reports of some of the pumps not functioning out of the box. However, the faulty pumps were quickly replaced by customer support for no cost.

Jaebo is a company with a genius business plan and I am continuing to be impressed with the equipment they sell. I don't expect this stuff to be the best in the world but if you don't have a lot of money they are certainly opening up the reefing hobby to more people. I am continuing to be a fan.

I'll be sure to keep this thread updated as well as occasionally measuring the output to make sure it stays consistent.

Back
Top Bottom