Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #131
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I think doogle interpreted this:
"The only preservative in NLS is in the fish meals as required by law."
To mean that you were saying the meal is a preservative.
I think the additional clarification you gave on that was helpful.
The root questions in the recent posts seem to be:
- Is it wise to use the "whole" food animal (ground into meal)?
- How can one truly balance the diet as well as the food companies do, if one is buying all fresh ingredients independently?

Hopefully that helps! I am interested in this as a total novice.

CoryFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:15 PM   #132
Aquarium Advice Freak
Originally Posted by Fishguy2727 View Post
I am still interested in what all you are currently feeding your fish.
14 pages later, so am I.

fishguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #133
you dont make sense sometimes either ....i told you before omega one supper veggie, hikari, omega one tropical, omgea one kelp flakes, omega one veggie rounds, romaine, green seawead, zuchinni, shrimp, bloodworms, mussell and snails for gsp. here we go, again. i had the understanding that raw food has good enzymes in it, thats all... well my omega one says 'whole herring', 'whole halibut', etc...
doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #134
reall y kinda cool that you are sticking with this thread tho...lol, gotta give you some props fishguy....
Old 04-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #135
what a minute, how many fishguys are there?lol
Old 04-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #136
There are 2,727 fishguys.

Yes, thankfully Omega One does have whole meal ingredients as well. It also has artificial colors and other unwanted ingredients. It is definitely one of the better foods out there, but not the best. If you do try NLS do not just add it to the mix. NLS should be the only thing fed, period. If not then you will still have no idea what the results are.

No, an organism makes its own enzymes, otherwise it would die. I am not a raw foodist, but that doesn't mean there are not some benefits of raw food. I would be happy to read any info you have on it though.

These days with all the food options out there, the best by far in my opinion and experience is NLS. I suggest other people try to see if it is for them as well. This means truly trying it. Not adding it to a mix, not feeding it for ten days. Feed it exclusively for at least three months and see if you don't see any improvements. Even then the real improvements are long term. Fish will live longest, stay the healthiest, and truly thrive long term on the best diet.
Fishguy2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #137
ya i will be trying it,
Old 04-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #138
Aquarium Advice Freak
I just ordered some NLS Thera A from Amore Pet Shop. I think I found a good price. Small pellet 150g was $7.99. Both Jumbo and Medium 300g were $11.99. Shipping was $9.99.
If there is a better deal out there please share.
xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #139
Aquarium Advice Regular
I tried NLS, the pellets stink and many fish won't touch it, some will. There's also the bit about finding the right pellet size for your fish. If you get too big your fish won't be able to eat it and too small, it will just get lost in the substrate. You can't open up the container and it's difficult to see from the outside.

Is it the best ? hard to say, all fish food manufacturers think their brand is the best. Personally I find the time true tested fish flakes offer as much nutrients as these pellets. The fish go wild for flakes, why mess with a good thing. Some will get bored giving only flakes, newsflash, it's not about you, it's about what the fish like and they love fish flakes.

The fish love freeze dried "anything" too, I think any of the food products will make your fish happy. The important thing is how much of it you feed them. Pick one and stick with it, consistency trumps variety.

Cycling your new fish tank with fish is the fastest, easiest, safest, most reliable, and most humane way to cycle the tank.
plecoking is offline   Reply With Quote

spec, spectrum

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com