new life spectrum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just bought a 5lb bucket of NLS Thera +A instead of the regular NLS 1mm cichlid pellets that I normally use. Good idea? I am feeding all cichlids.

doogle said:
so all in all you think this is the best food? hands-down?

IMO it's excellent food, but I'll stick with using a variety of top quality foods from different mfg. I also supplement with food out of our fridge (ie peas (shelled), squash, lettuce and spinach).

After all, how you like it if you could only have one kind of food at every meal? Made me think of Soylent Green lol.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium

You honestly think the fish care that they eat the same food everyday??

I'm a dog person, and I've always fed my dogs the same food everyday. There's a good reason for this - switching foods messes with their digestive systems and often leads to some messy clean ups. Anyone who's had guests sneak their dogs table food (when they are not used to eating it) will attest to that.

LOL

I just started feeding my community with NLS. I have to give it at least a couple of weeks to see if its doing anything. I have to say though that they love these stuff! I feed Tetra flakes alternately. Once I finish my flakes, I will feed NLS exclusively.

Why continue to feed that crap? Do you not want to throw away $5 worth of food? And if you are looking to see any changes, feeding the flakes is going to interfere with that......

I was thinking of throwing it away but it is the biggest can. I just dont like to waste it. Maybe I can put it up on CL see if anyone wants it.

Definitely feed it exclusively. Your fish will be healthier if you don't mix in low to medium quality food in with the best. Their health should be reason enough.

Garlic contains allicin which has been shown scientifically to be able to kill parasites (primary scientific research by actual scientists, not theoretical claims by hobbyists). In studies it actively killed parasites within minutes.

If you read his references then you`ll see some scientist that he used their info and quoted. Another thing that`s missing here is other people`s experience. I do know a few that say garlic has killed parasites but I know many many people that say it did not work for them. That garlic did not kill parasites. As a matter of fact the parasite over ran the tank even with the use of garlic. I personally will put my trust in Steven Pro in his article on garlic and his "theoretical claims" and my personal experience.

Fishguy2727 said:
Definitely feed it exclusively. Your fish will be healthier if you don't mix in low to medium quality food in with the best. Their health should be reason enough.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say ALL food before NLS was unhealthy/substandard. Certainly there's some junk out there, but some is extremely healthy food and that people would use the best food anyways. I use Thera-A, but will keep the mix going.

Are you a rep for NLS per chance? lol... JK ;)

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say ALL food before NLS was unhealthy/substandard. Certainly there's some junk out there, but some is extremely healthy food and that people would use the best food anyways. I use Thera-A, but will keep the mix going.

He didn't say that all food before NLS was unhealthy. Tetra flake food is the food in question.....

My picky fish are just picky.

There's nothing they will reliably eat. One day they'll take Hikary micro wafers, the next day they spit them out. Same for NLS Thera + A, and Ocean Nutrition food which IMO is also very good. I have to keep quite the cleanup crew because I never know when they're going to pass on what I'm feeding them.

Rokuzachi said:
My picky fish are just picky.

There's nothing they will reliably eat. One day they'll take Hikary micro wafers, the next day they spit them out. Same for NLS Thera + A, and Ocean Nutrition food which IMO is also very good. I have to keep quite the cleanup crew because I never know when they're going to pass on what I'm feeding them.

Try Seachem's Entice, it also has garlic and works as its name indicates.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

Check out the article in the magazine. There are at least four different scientific research articles cited that showed that there was a parasite, garlic/alllicin was added and then the parasite died. An article like that that is trying to disprove things is almost impossible to prove, especially when actual scientists in their studies show the exact opposite.

This doesn't mean that NLS will cure all parasites. It means it may.

The experiences of others show that when they feed NLS exclusively, especially the Thera+A formula, they have fewer health problems overall.

Just try it. Feed NLS Thera+A exclusively for a few months and see if there is a difference in your fish.

Back
Top Bottom