Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-25-2011, 01:26 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Freak

Why continue to feed that crap? Do you not want to throw away $5 worth of food? And if you are looking to see any changes, feeding the flakes is going to interfere with that......

Old 03-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I was thinking of throwing it away but it is the biggest can. I just dont like to waste it. Maybe I can put it up on CL see if anyone wants it.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #53

Definitely feed it exclusively. Your fish will be healthier if you don't mix in low to medium quality food in with the best. Their health should be reason enough.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #54
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishguy2727 View Post
Garlic contains allicin which has been shown scientifically to be able to kill parasites (primary scientific research by actual scientists, not theoretical claims by hobbyists). In studies it actively killed parasites within minutes.
If you read his references then you`ll see some scientist that he used their info and quoted. Another thing that`s missing here is other people`s experience. I do know a few that say garlic has killed parasites but I know many many people that say it did not work for them. That garlic did not kill parasites. As a matter of fact the parasite over ran the tank even with the use of garlic. I personally will put my trust in Steven Pro in his article on garlic and his "theoretical claims" and my personal experience.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishguy2727
Definitely feed it exclusively. Your fish will be healthier if you don't mix in low to medium quality food in with the best. Their health should be reason enough.
I think it's a bit of a stretch to say ALL food before NLS was unhealthy/substandard. Certainly there's some junk out there, but some is extremely healthy food and that people would use the best food anyways. I use Thera-A, but will keep the mix going.

Are you a rep for NLS per chance? lol... JK

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App
Old 03-25-2011, 04:12 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishguy2727 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpet View Post
I think it's a bit of a stretch to say ALL food before NLS was unhealthy/substandard. Certainly there's some junk out there, but some is extremely healthy food and that people would use the best food anyways. I use Thera-A, but will keep the mix going.
He didn't say that all food before NLS was unhealthy. Tetra flake food is the food in question.....
Old 03-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishguy1

He didn't say that all food before NLS was unhealthy. Tetra flake food is the food in question.....
Gotcha, I didn't see the tetra ref just the flakes.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:25 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My picky fish are just picky.

There's nothing they will reliably eat. One day they'll take Hikary micro wafers, the next day they spit them out. Same for NLS Thera + A, and Ocean Nutrition food which IMO is also very good. I have to keep quite the cleanup crew because I never know when they're going to pass on what I'm feeding them.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:51 PM   #59
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokuzachi
My picky fish are just picky.

There's nothing they will reliably eat. One day they'll take Hikary micro wafers, the next day they spit them out. Same for NLS Thera + A, and Ocean Nutrition food which IMO is also very good. I have to keep quite the cleanup crew because I never know when they're going to pass on what I'm feeding them.
Try Seachem's Entice, it also has garlic and works as its name indicates.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #60

Check out the article in the magazine. There are at least four different scientific research articles cited that showed that there was a parasite, garlic/alllicin was added and then the parasite died. An article like that that is trying to disprove things is almost impossible to prove, especially when actual scientists in their studies show the exact opposite.

This doesn't mean that NLS will cure all parasites. It means it may.

The experiences of others show that when they feed NLS exclusively, especially the Thera+A formula, they have fewer health problems overall.

Just try it. Feed NLS Thera+A exclusively for a few months and see if there is a difference in your fish.

Tags
spec, spectrum

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com