Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #81

if you save money on something asthetic you can buy more, better quality food..lol, laugh

Old 03-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #82
Aquarium Advice Freak

I've got more than 150 fish to feed, not including fry. Trust me, it'll last you longer than that....unless you've got a collection like me

How long food lasts is heavily dependent on to what degree you overfeed.

Keeping pets costs money. If someone can't afford to provide for them then they shouldn't have them. It's not a bad thing to say - it's the truth. Now I'm not saying that if you can only afford low quality food then you shouldn't keep fish. I'm saying if you can only afford the lowest quality food perhaps the money spent on fishkeeping would be better spent somewhere else....or not spent at all.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #83
Aquarium Advice Freak

i just got some nls+a and my fish loved it......i was feeding flakes and frozen bloodworms and dried shrimp for my turtles

question .....are frozen bloodworms more of a treat or can u feed everyday like i was doing ???
Old 03-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #84

i dont know why you are making the big deal over something that doesnt matter. some people are extremely devoted and have a huge fish room, who cares if they use shop lights or whatever because they are cheaper, if it does the job they can use the extra money on fancy food or whatever. jeez im not a millionare but i do have expensive tastes. thinking back im talking about weight of flake, and pellets always weigh more.so lets see...
Old 03-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #85
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm not making a big deal about anything. I expressed my opinion on the matter and you initiated the exchange. I know people that save money by doing DIY stuff. They are usually trying to save more than a few dollars, which is the difference with the food.

Food is SUCH an important aspect to keeping healthy fish.

Comparing flakes to pellets by weight is like comparing apples to oranges. The fish require a LOT less food when feeding high quality pellets versus flakes.

Meaty treats shouldn't be fed every day.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:02 PM   #86

it sure came out of nowhere, and is going nowhere and it is not related to the topic of food. you have stated your opinion. thank you for the help you have been.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #87

theres no reason not to feed everyday if sparingly, and other food is substantally the fish's main diet. depends in fish type, also
Old 03-26-2011, 04:26 PM   #88
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogle View Post
maybe this hobby isnt for you, why would you even say that? nothing good to say then dont say it, you dont have to waste your time
You asked why I would say that. Excuse me for defending my position, which you asked me to do. But you're right, not having the money to buy high quality fish food is way off the topic of fish food so it is going no where.

Feeding meaty foods everyday does depend on the fish. Some do well with the increase in protein intake, some don't. I don't know that I've ever seen anyone recommend feeding bloodworms everyday.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #89
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishguy1 View Post
You asked why I would say that. Excuse me for defending my position, which you asked me to do. But you're right, not having the money to buy high quality fish food is way off the topic of fish food so it is going no where.

Feeding meaty foods everyday does depend on the fish. Some do well with the increase in protein intake, some don't. I don't know that I've ever seen anyone recommend feeding bloodworms everyday.
OK I WILL CUT THAT BACK....... i have 2 acie ,2 angel,2 buttefiki {or however u spell it} 1 green teror 1 jewel 1 pleco

i know i have mixed n.w and african but there getting along SO FAR .....i plan on feeding the new food nls+a and a lil bit of flakes ........what do u think???/

bloodworms 2 or 3 times a week??? or less ????

sorry for kind of butting in on your guys conversation
Old 03-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #90
Aquarium Advice Freak

Feeding meaty foods to african cichlids leads to bloat. Many of them are mainly herbaceous, which is one of the reasons you aren't supposed to mix them - it's not just a compatibility issue. Admittedly, I am not familiar with specific cichlids so I do not know if your africans can handle the protein or not.

Tags
spec, spectrum

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com