new light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishkeeper88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
this is my new light i purchased to grow plants. i just wanted to share its capabilities and features with others. the light fixure is a zoo med Aquasun T5 HO 30 inch fixture. it is a high output fixture that holds two 24 watt T5 lamps that are 22 inches long. this fixture comes in many sizes and it has two switches to control each lamp seperatly. the light is very cool and with the correct bulbs it supports live plants and enhances the colors of the aquariums detail and fish. i use two different bulbs one zoo med T5 HO 24 watt 22 inch bulb made by zoo med called ultra sunit is the color enhancing bulb rated at 6,500k. i also use in another bulb along with this one called flora sun made by zoo med it is a T5 bulb that is 24 watts and and 22 inches long rated at 5,000k for plants.

here are some pictures of the features. the first picture is of both lamps on together. the second is of the flora sun plant bulb and the third is of the color enhancing ultra sun bulb. the last picture shows the dual lights and switches.

Back
Top Bottom