New Light for 90 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kukerdan

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a standard size 90 gallon, around 4 feet long, we got this tank from a friend a while back, so it has the normal build up on the light lid,
I cleaned that off very well, and took the green sleeve off the light, and it light up the tank beutifully, then i added 10 gallons of water , because the tank was low, and it looks as dim as ever, i can see the rectangle of light where the bulb is, and it comes down, but really only lights the middle of the tank, i think when i raised the water level, the light started hitting the water at a bad angle, i need to set up a nice, effective lighting system, and the hood of the tank has two light windows, so i could, if i wanted to, place another light up there as well, and control them with a wal switch....

... any ideas?

I don't understand what you mean by "rectangle of light". A normal 4' shop light with two or more bulbs is enough light for the fish you have. If you want to do plants you might need more.

tank is badly light.........

take a look

notice how alot of light is reflecting off the wall.... and everything is in place, nothing is crooked

is the light elevated at all above the tank or is it just sitting flat against your glass top?

its your typical hood top light fixture, the enclosure, which fits right on the hood, its slightly elevated

It looks like you need to add a second light fixture. Your light is sitting on the top and it won't illuminate the whole tank. I have the same tank as you, but I have a hood. My light sits about 8" off of the tank. You also have only one bulb in that fixture. The one you add should to have at least two. :)

hes doing great, and he and my large tinfoil are in love, they brush up against each other and swim togather, its hilarious and cute at the same time

Back
Top Bottom