New Lights.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltlover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Our tank is up and running :p. Bought the Sundial T-5 with 4 bulbs. Love the fixture. The timers and LED moonlights are great. I do have a problem with the light itself tho. I feel that it makes our beautiful live rock look washed out. Under the PC's the coraline was so purple and so pink. I've read and read today about the different bulbs that are out there and once again so confused. So far we have fish and softies in the tank, but someday want to try some more venturous corals. But I want colors to pop. Someone said 2 ATI Blue+ and 2 ATI Blue Specials would give a nice look. Any ideas. Thanks for your help, in advance.

I love our geismanns... the color mix will be completely up to your personal preferences. I would personally go for 2 10K, 1 20K, and an actinic. That's just me though and I am NOT very well versed on lights.

New lights....

Thanks for your quick reply. It seems like that combination would give an even whiter look than it has now. Do all the colors in your tank pop? What about the coraline on the rock?

Yes, but we have a 6 bulb fixture with 3 10s & 3 20s so it's a little different. You could always go with more 20s than 10s. The personal preference thing...

Back
Top Bottom