New lights needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Natelb44

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my Coralife T5 HO lights went out and I was wondering what LED lights out there would be good to replace the T5 and get same if not better quality?

I saw aqueon modular LED light at local pet store but I am not sure if this would be good enough. I only have 1 coral at this moment so I do not need anything too fancy and have a budget to work with as well so any help would be great

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have the Tao LED knockoffs from eBay. They are inexpensive and work well. Just looked really quick, but around $80obo. These look close to mine, but mine are black and buttons are up top.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How many bulbs are we replacing here? I agree with the taotronics fixture, as it can keep anything photosynthetic under it and covers 2 ft of tank. Just have to make sure to properly acclimate the new lighting as LEDs penetrate water much better than bulbs. I nuked hundreds of dollars worth of coral when I upgraded my 4 bulb t5ho to radions.

I had a two bulb T5 and the whole unit went out. My tank is 2 feet deep so this would work then? And I had one zoanthid colony that is probably not alive anymore since the lights have been out for a week.

Things might be ok. What size of tank is this? The taotronics would be the cheapest route, but I think a PAR38 bulb would be a better fit for such a tank. Going from 2 bulbs to high powered LEDs would be like going from a dark room outside on a bright sunny day.

It is a 56 gallon tank

Oh. Then I would go for the taotronics LEDs all the way. One covers 2 ft of tank and a 56 should be the same length as a 55 so 2 units would cover it.

Back
Top Bottom