New MP10 Set Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarinaClown

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I finally got an MP10 because I was sick of looking at my Hydor Koralia and Sicce pumps. Any advice, tricks and tips on setting it up will be appreciated. What settings do you have it on in your aquarium? I have a 40 breeder mixed reef.

image-2110916447.jpg

Attachments

• image-2342727188.jpg
    image-2342727188.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 130
How is this MP10? I am going to be picking one up shortly, for my 40 breeder as well. I currently have 2 Koralia 1400 EVO's on a wave maker, but feel they take up too much space and don't actually create a random enough environment because it's one at a time... Does the flow seem strong enough from 1 MP10 on your tank? Is it what everyone makes them up to be?

Getting it in the right spot between not blowing the sand bed and not creating a huge wave takes a little time, be patient. Also if you have smaller fish never use any mode that will turn the pump off for a short period of time as it wont be good. I wouldnt use the foam protectors unless you have the pump near a anemone etc.... Im a big fan of reef crest mode so i would suggest using trying that. GL

It's definitely nice and the flow was good enough. However, it was a little noisy for my taste. My LFS suggested that I try Tunze 6095 with a controller. It's supposed to be silent and provide more flow than an MP10. So I am leaning towards experimenting with a Tunze powerhead.

It's definitely nice and the flow was good enough. However, it was a little noisy for my taste. My LFS suggested that I try Tunze 6095 with a controller. It's supposed to be silent and provide more flow than an MP10. So I am leaning towards experimenting with a Tunze powerhead.

Is the MP10 for sale lol?

Back
Top Bottom