Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Question New setup....need advice

Hi all,
I知 new to this forum so just wanted to introduce myself, My names Justin and I知 fairly new to keeping fish (about a year now) but getting more and more in to it. I have recently decided to try my hand at an Iwagumi style scope, I just love the simple but beautiful look. I have done a lot of research about this style of scope and I have decided on my rocks, substrate and plants but just need a bit of advice on some of my equipment.

So firstly I値l list my equipment,

Fluval Roma 200 Aquarium - 100 x 40 x 55 cm (volume 200L)

Fluval GLO lighting unit,
One Power-Glo Fluorescent Aquarium Tube 30W 91.44cm (36in) T8
One Aqua-Glo Fluorescent Aquarium Tube 30W 91.44cm (36in) T8

Eheim Pro II 2028 External filter.

Pressurized co2 system.
DIY Diffuser reactor.

Hydor inline Heater stat 300 W

Ok so my first worry is about the built in lighting system, I知 not sure if it is powerful enough, Also the tank it's self most of the scopes I see are ADA tanks (which is an option of upgrade) the width of my tank is kind of small, and I知 not sure if it will work to well with a Iwagumi scope.

Here's the list of stuff I will be purchasing for the scope-

FULL ADA Substrate System including:
Penac P
Penac W
Tourmaline BC
Clear Super
Bactor 100
ADA Power Sand Special
ADA Aqua soil Amazonia
ADA Aqua soil Amazonia Powder

Dragon stone rock (20kg)

Aquafleur Acorus Gramineus Pusilles (Dwarf)

I have no idea what ferts to use, I was thinking to just go with ADA ferts, but I知 not sure, so any advice on that would be great.

Like I said before my main worry is about the lighting system, not sure if it will be good enough for the plants I知 planning on using.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated
justin85 is offline   Reply With Quote

new setup, setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com