New setup....need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justin85

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,
I’m new to this forum so just wanted to introduce myself, My names Justin and I’m fairly new to keeping fish (about a year now) but getting more and more in to it. I have recently decided to try my hand at an Iwagumi style scope, I just love the simple but beautiful look. I have done a lot of research about this style of scope and I have decided on my rocks, substrate and plants but just need a bit of advice on some of my equipment.

So firstly I’ll list my equipment,

Tank:
Fluval Roma 200 Aquarium - 100 x 40 x 55 cm (volume 200L)

Lighting:
Fluval GLO lighting unit,
One Power-Glo Fluorescent Aquarium Tube 30W 91.44cm (36in) T8
One Aqua-Glo Fluorescent Aquarium Tube 30W 91.44cm (36in) T8

Filtration:
Eheim Pro II 2028 External filter.

CO2:
Pressurized co2 system.
DIY Diffuser reactor.

Heater:
Hydor inline Heater stat 300 W

Ok so my first worry is about the built in lighting system, I’m not sure if it is powerful enough, Also the tank it's self most of the scopes I see are ADA tanks (which is an option of upgrade) the width of my tank is kind of small, and I’m not sure if it will work to well with a Iwagumi scope.

Here's the list of stuff I will be purchasing for the scope-

FULL ADA Substrate System including:
Penac P
Penac W
Tourmaline BC
Clear Super
Bactor 100
ADA Power Sand Special
ADA Aqua soil Amazonia
ADA Aqua soil Amazonia Powder

Rocks:
Dragon stone rock (20kg)

Plants:
Lilaeopsis
Aquafleur Acorus Gramineus Pusilles (Dwarf)

I have no idea what ferts to use, I was thinking to just go with ADA ferts, but I’m not sure, so any advice on that would be great.

Like I said before my main worry is about the lighting system, not sure if it will be good enough for the plants I’m planning on using.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated

Back
Top Bottom