New skimmer!!!!! Finally!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love noise haha. The tanks in my room too!!!!! I have three pumps running. The slimmer, the dt pump, ad then the 20g dt pump. It's all one system and it's LOUD HAHA.

crister13 said:
I love noise haha. The tanks in my room too!!!!! I have three pumps running. The slimmer, the dt pump, ad then the 20g dt pump. It's all one system and it's LOUD HAHA.

That would drive me nuts lol. Im always looking for a way to shut my tank up a little lol.

I'm sooo used to it. Before last year I couldn't fall asleep with the slightest noise now I can fall asleep next to a waterfall LOL.

The sound of water flowing is nice. I slept with 3 freshwater tanks in my bedroom for 10 years. On my days off I crash on the couch because I actually sleep better with the sound. It is just keeping the pump sound low.

Good info guys, thanks!!
A guy down here has an Aqua c EV 240 for sale with a Mag 18 on it, but he wants $350 for it. Honestly there's what I paid for my 180 Marineland, with 780 watts of T5 + 12 extra new bulbs! Had no overflows or filtration, had to build all that myself. Less than a year old, but guy was retired and wanted out, luckily I saw it when it first posted. Just seems like a lot for a used skimmer. It's just a lot to swing right now...jobs suckin' wind....part time now after 16 years of full time goodness.
Any thoughts? Good price? Worth it?

The one I have is related for up to 312 gallons (it says it on the box) and is only $280, comes with a pump, and is new.

Good info guys, thanks!!
A guy down here has an Aqua c EV 240 for sale with a Mag 18 on it, but he wants $350 for it. Honestly there's what I paid for my 180 Marineland, with 780 watts of T5 + 12 extra new bulbs! Had no overflows or filtration, had to build all that myself. Less than a year old, but guy was retired and wanted out, luckily I saw it when it first posted. Just seems like a lot for a used skimmer. It's just a lot to swing right now...jobs suckin' wind....part time now after 16 years of full time goodness.
Any thoughts? Good price? Worth it?
$350 is more than what I paid for my Extreme XS200. It's basically the same body as the skimmer Crister has except it has a better pump. I had the original nw200 and it had the same Octo OTP3000 pump as the NWB200. The XS200 has a Sicce PSK-1000 pump. The next step up is the Octo SRO3000 with the Bubble Blaster HY2000S. All 3, the NWB200($280), XS200($325) and SRO3000($415) have the same bodies with different pumps.

I hate my sicce pump . My next uprgrade will be a bubble blaster pump for my diablo
Really? How old is it? The 1st generation had start up issues but the new ones have improved electronics and the start up problems are gone.

Your talking about the sicce right? My otp has start up problems too, but it's really easy to get starting (just blow into the air tube).
Edit: didn't see the quote, sorry.

I got it in October . The start up issue is a pain . Coral vue said there is rubber stoppers I can take out of the pump to prevent it. Crister blowing in it works most if the time but when it doesn't it's a pain. I recently had to give my sicce a good cleaning to get it quiet.

ccCapt said:
$350 is more than what I paid for my Extreme XS200. It's basically the same body as the skimmer Crister has except it has a better pump. I had the original nw200 and it had the same Octo OTP3000 pump as the NWB200. The XS200 has a Sicce PSK-1000 pump. The next step up is the Octo SRO3000 with the Bubble Blaster HY2000S. All 3, the NWB200($280), XS200($325) and SRO3000($415) have the same bodies with different pumps.

Thanks Capt.!! Great info. Much appreciated!

Mine didn't come with an elblow, it came with an adapter sleeve that goes on the ouput pipe. The adapter transitions from the metric plumbing on the skimmer to standard American sized plumbing so a standard elbow would fit on the sleeve. Take a look at the video I posted to see it.

Hey ccapt do you know what bubble blaster pump is the upgrade for the octopus diablo 2500 skimmer? Im ready to smash my sicce pump I cant deal with that stupid thing anymore . Thanks

I would go to CoralVue's forum on Reefcentral and ask Jeremy exactly which pump to get.
I would also explain the problem you are having. That pump should still be under warranty.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom