New Stingray tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

didysis

Aquarium Advice Freak
:dance: 600 gallons, The last tank was just not the floor space I wanted or needed for fresh water rays.

Attachments

• 600 and 450 tanks  LOL.jpg
    600 and 450 tanks LOL.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 147
How long until it's set up and occupied? We scope out the rays every time we're at the store. (y)

Well the reason its in the garage and not in the basement is that I am at sheetrock stage in the basement and just getting that done and then ill build a stand and set it all up, So it will take a little while but I hope to get it filled as fast as possible, as for actually getting stingrays in the tank that could take a little longer but I have enough other stuff to go in the tank till then, My Peacock bass need to go somewhere and keep growing :)

How long until it's set up and occupied? We scope out the rays every time we're at the store. (y)

Update 8 rays 10 frontosa, 11 Geo red heads, and others

That looks pretty sweet! Totally jealous. Would love to have a tank that size. What do the rays eat? I know just about nothing when it comes to them.

I feed shrimp, talapia, massivore pellets, nls pellets, night crawlers- super expensive so not really anymore. On average I feed 1/2 pound of shrimp and some pellets to the tank everyday once a day. About 50.00 each month worth of food. They are as expensive as everyone says they are.

ForumRunner_20130124_142654.jpg

ForumRunner_20130124_142711.jpg

ForumRunner_20130124_142733.jpg

I feed shrimp, talapia, massivore pellets, nls pellets, night crawlers- super expensive so not really anymore. On average I feed 1/2 pound of shrimp and some pellets to the tank everyday once a day. About 50.00 each month worth of food. They are as expensive as everyone says they are.

Yeah that is exactly what I've heard. The food cost is up there. It's live food for the most part right?

No live food at all, I buy my frozen shrimp from the Asian market where its cheapest, frozen talapia filet from Walmart freezer, pellets from Kens fish foods.

Yeah that is exactly what I've heard. The food cost is up there. It's live food for the most part right?

Ah gotcha. I don't know why I was thinking they ate live. Haha, like I said, my stingray knowledge is nothing. Well it looks good man!

All is well, some feed live food but its not really common in the stingray hobby. Live worms is the most common for pups(young stingrays)

Ah gotcha. I don't know why I was thinking they ate live. Haha, like I said, my stingray knowledge is nothing. Well it looks good man!

Back
Top Bottom