New sump bought off cl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefpete

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I got this acrylic sump custom made by the gentleman I bought it from ......it has a hold on the return side for a two inch pump but I want to plug it ....anyways here's a pic it's dirty I'm going to clean it up ....hold aprox 29 gal when running how he had it set up I'm going to say it holds probably 34 or so gallons by raising the level ....

I only paid 20 bucks!!!! Good deal ??

Also what would be a good way to plug the hole as I'm going to use a internal pump or should I just go external ??

image-3105899442.jpg

That looks freakishly similar to a sump I had that was manufactured... hole and all. Is it acrylic? Black rough bottom? If it's acrylic, you'll need an acrylic piece to weld on to the inside over the hole. If it's glass, you'll need a glass piece to silicone over the hole.

mfdrookie516 said:
That looks freakishly similar to a sump I had that was manufactured... hole and all. Is it acrylic? Black rough bottom? If it's acrylic, you'll need an acrylic piece to weld on to the inside over the hole. If it's glass, you'll need a glass piece to silicone over the hole.

Yes acrylic and that's a good idea didnt think to do that ....do u run an external pump ? And if so what's your set up

Back
Top Bottom