Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-23-2014, 11:50 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

New T8s

I've not changed T8 bulbs since I was 17. I'm now 29 and I've had my new tanks for about 9 months. One of the bulbs went so I decided to replace both.

At the recommendation of the LFS I bought 1 x JBL solar 25w 742mm T8 and 1 x JBL colour 25w 742mm T8. Both for use in juwel vision 180.

I just have to say I am astounded at the difference these bulbs have made. The colours in the fish are unreal. I hope the plants benefit too.

I also have a juwel rio 180 with T5's it is home to 4 x firemouth cichlids I'm waiting to pair off and return 2.

I have a ultra fine gravel substrate that looks like sand.

What lighting would be good for their colours? The same? I have no live plants in this tank though.

Caliban07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:35 AM   #2
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
Following The LED lights I have now seem to bring out the blue in the tetras more. I assume that is from leds at at high k rating but unsure.
Delapool is online now   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com