New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fearitself

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i have been searching around for good deals on fairly large tanks ie. 55 gallons and 75 gallons. i would like to get the biggest tank for my money but quality is also a must. petsmart looks like they have a nice selection so i was wondering if $230.00 for a 75 gallon tank hood and light combo is a good deal

For saltwater or for freshwater? I only ask because of the lighting included.

I woudl honestly check out craigslist in your area. People are almost giving away tanks it seems. You can get ALOT more for your money

:agree: I have seen 125g's and 180g's from $350 to $400. You can get great bargains. I guess it all comes down to if you are willing to get a used tank or not.:)

im fine with used tanks, if its in working order that would be perfect

You can also take a look at yard sales and thrift stores. You can get some good deals at some of these places. My son bought a VERY old 55 gallon (it actually has blue colored glass) with a wooden stand for $65. It was pretty dirty and has a small leak at the top rim which can be easily fixed, but still a great deal.

Back
Top Bottom