New tank for a great deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Makavelli02

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I got a used tank 75g with wood stand and a fluval 404 canister filter. Plus about 150 pounds of rocks. Two power heads one 1000 series penguin and the other is 660 penguin. And three heaters all for 75 dollars. The tank and filters where left full of water and sadly dead fish for about a month with no power in this house. I removed all substrat crushed shell. All the water but there is alot of build up on everything . For cleaning is there a good way to get the Algie off. And I think there is some Algie under the edge of the silicone how do I remove that. Any good way to clean all the hoses to the canister.

Great find! You def have your cleaning work cut out for you. I wish I could offer a suggestion but I haven't been there done that yet.

But good luck and again super find. :)

I had similar find, I soaked everything in bleach maybe 50 to 1 ratio and it came clean like brand new. I soaked in strait water over and over for a couple days to get all the bleach smell off!

Tank is up and running now with fishies and doing great!

I've always been told to use a mixture of white vinegar and water to clean my tank and it has worked good so far. hope this helps.

Both the vinegar and bleach solution will work. I personally use the bleach. I just use a couple capfuls of bleach to a bucket. Make sure you let it air dry before you use it again.

Back
Top Bottom