New tank leveling question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cornishrooster

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
a4dd62b4325763f90a5f8ef04d1f0b2e.jpg
4b159ec351e5056bd1f4866d00321a68.jpg

Just got my 125 from the LFS and the banding around the bottom has a gap on just front corners, should I be worried about that? Also my stand is level in every direction but when I put the tank on the stand some reads are slightly off (yet still within the lines), this leads me to believe it's the tank itself that's off. Worth asking for a new one? Love to hear some opinions on this.
a4de1ea42173b6230efc9da69708fc0c.jpg

Thanks
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just bought this tank and the seams look like that , I would bring it back telling them you want a new tank , why spend all that money for something that's not to par is it really worth a leak ?
I'm also one that likes things to be clean and neat

Yeah good call. Think I already knew the answer I'm just anxious to get started on it. Thanks

I was in market for a 75 gallon a few months ago. I looked at least five 75 gallon aqua fin tanks from petsmart in five different stores before I purchased one. The tanks made today are no were near the same as 15 years ago! Everyone is cost cutting, labor wage cutting. These mass manufactured tanks are getting sloppy. You should really inspect anything and everything that will hold 1,000 + pounds of water and rock in your home.

I bought a 190gal from Glasscages out of Tennessee last year and couldn't be happier with it. They took awhile to get it built and shipped, but that's actually a good thing in terms of silicone curing. It appears to be very well put together.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. I was very interested in the glass cages idea as I didn't want a tank that was too tall and I liked the Idea of having starphire glass as well, Marineland had a 20% off Sale on all their tanks a couple weeks ago so I got a 125 and a 40 long for $550, couldn't pass that up. Already started the exchange process but they didn't have any more 125's handy do I have to wait a couple weeks for more to be made. Third time is a charm I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom