New Tank Setup.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mister-Mike

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, I am pretty new to this hobby but I think that I am addicted. I purchased a 29 gallon all in one kit from Petco several months ago just to see if I would get into this. After replacing the filter that came with the kit, which in my opinion and from what I have read, is grossly underpowered, with an Emporer 280 and watching my fish grow and keeping up with the maintenance, etc, I have had the itch to go bigger. I have done some shopping around and I am in the process of putting my 55 gallon tank together, here is what I want to do, please let me know if I am headed in the right direction. I am going to use 2 Magnum 350 Pro, one will be full time chemical and the other full time water polishing. I had done some research on this and for the most part it seems that 80% like it and 20% don't, I like the Emperor 280 and the price for Magnums was very good. I am using a 200W visitherm stealth heater and two penguin 550's to circulate the water. I know that the 2 filters might be a bit overkill, but I also know it is better to over filtratre than under. Are there any veteran aquarist out there that can roger up on my soon to be setup? I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom