Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

New version of Koralia PH

Hey guys I've got a question. I've got 4 1040 Koralia Evolutions that run on a wave maker and I am having trouble with them. I've had 2 of the little rubber bumpers in the front of the cage break off. It's that little thing that keeps the blades from spinning backwards. Well, with that thing gone, they run backwards. Hydor sent me replacement cages for them which was great, but one of those replacement cages has also broken. What PH have you had no problem with that can run on a wave maker.
Thanks!!

Old 03-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Oh, I should also add that I don't have tons of cash or I would already have a set of Vortechs. LOL

Old 03-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

When mine ran backwards, I unplugged them and plugged them back in. That corrected the problem.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

These powerheads are AC/DC and not direct current, so there's a 50/50 shot of the PH wanting to start in reverse.

I had the same issue before I realized a cage was on incorrectly. I now also run the Koralia wave maker with 2 1400 evo's in my 55, and since I replaced the cage have had no issues with running in reverse. You will, however, hear a clicking sound the times they do want to start in reverse., as the blade will bounce off the bumper. I have mine set to switch between 1 & 2 every 3 minutes and have not a single reverse start up for the 2 months I have been running it. So just make sure the cages are on properly and that the rubber bumper piece does not fall off. I saw online replacement cages for just a few dollars, so maybe buy a couple for back up, even though I have not needed to replace mine since...
Old 03-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
This may help....
HYDOR componenti per acquari
Why is my Koralia Evolution running in reverse?

There are several possible causes of reversal in the Koralia Evolution.
  1. The bushing that sits inside the black wing of the impeller may have slipped down. If this has occured, simply push the bushing back into place. You can also contact Hydor USA Customer Service and request an upgraded bushing that snaps into place, preventing slippage.
  2. The front cover maybe damaged. If your cover is damaged, you can contact Hydor USA Customer Service and request a new cover.
  3. The rubber bumper on the inside of the front cover maybe missing or damaged. Hydor USA Customer Service can supply you with replacement parts.
If you cannot diagnose the cause on your own, feel free to contact Hydor USA Customer Service for assistance.
Check out The build project
ccCapt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
koralia

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com