New wet/dry filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayinked

Aquarium Advice Regular
Finally moved the protein skimmer under the tank, in it's new home. So far sump is working great. Lots more water flow and easyer to add an remove water. The fish also seem more active since there is lots more tank room now. I am using bioballs to start, there is some LR in the sump now to help get things going.

Attachments

• new sump 005.jpg
    new sump 005.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 82
  • new sump 004.jpg
    new sump 004.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 74
  • new sump 006.jpg
    new sump 006.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 76
I am using a Eshopps overflow box, it is alittle noisy but will work for now. There is only around 10lbs of LR need to get some small rubble pieces to finsh filling it up. then we have the skimmer and return pump, the skimmer is a coralife super skimmer an Mag 9.5 return pump. Just added a Lifeguard Chemical filter today, on the return side

Looks like a good start. Eventually you may be able to replace your bio-balls with Live Rock Rubble, as long as it is submerged. The rubble is less maintenance becaues the bio-balls will need to be cleaned periodically or else your nitrates will climb too high. I'm not familiar with a Lifeguard Chemical filter, what is that?

Back
Top Bottom