Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-30-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via AIM to eman
newbie question whats the smallest i can go.

whats the smallest i can go with a saltwater fish tank. i live in a apt so i cant go with a big tank.

Old 10-30-2005, 04:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to DragonForce
Have you looked into the nano cubes? They sell a really awsome 24 gal that comes fully equiped with lighting and corals.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JBJ-Nano-Cube-24...QQcmdZViewItem

It really is a g

3' fine sand bed 1x Orange Stripe Prawn shrimp goby, 1x sixline wrassemated pair of true percula clowns, 1x CBS shrimp, 2x peppermint shrimp, 1x pistol shrimp, 1x tiger tale cuke, ~20+ snails, ~10+ hermits, 1xserpent star.
green Bubble coral, hammer coral (8 heads!) ,various Zoos,green finger leather, green star polpys ,shrooms
175w 10k MH
28w actinic 03
2x maxi jett 1200
Prizm skimmer (modded)
Hagen powerfilter(for running carbon 24/7)
nano arctica chiller
DragonForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:17 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

I've seen some real nice nano cubes. I believe that Jermz79 has a real nice one. Also I am currently working on a pico tank that I just found out about. It is a 2.5 gal tank, but a tank that small would be a good challenge. Also tank size limits the inhabitants.

55 gal cycling. Will be FOWLR.
haus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 10:23 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yup ... I have the 12gal. Nano!

I would caution you away from the 24gal model due to the fact that a lot of people have them crack because JBJ used the same glass thickness for all the models and of course the 24gal has a lot more volume and the glass isn't strong enough to hold that much volume!

The 12gal. DX comes equipped with everything you need. 48 watts of PC lighting, 3 rear chambers and all the media. I tossed all the ceramic rings and bio-balls and filled the rear chamber up with LR rubble!

Here's a picture of mine!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1010122_795.jpg (52.1 KB, 26 views)

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Jermz79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 10:24 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I forgot to add ... like haus said the smaller the tank the more dedication you need. Make sure you can test almost daily and be ready to do some water changes if things get out of whack! Little changes lead to big problems in a small tank!!

Good Luck!

Jermz79

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Jermz79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com