newbie question whats the smallest i can go.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
whats the smallest i can go with a saltwater fish tank. i live in a apt so i cant go with a big tank.

I've seen some real nice nano cubes. I believe that Jermz79 has a real nice one. Also I am currently working on a pico tank that I just found out about. It is a 2.5 gal tank, but a tank that small would be a good challenge. Also tank size limits the inhabitants.

Yup ... I have the 12gal. Nano!

I would caution you away from the 24gal model due to the fact that a lot of people have them crack because JBJ used the same glass thickness for all the models and of course the 24gal has a lot more volume and the glass isn't strong enough to hold that much volume!

The 12gal. DX comes equipped with everything you need. 48 watts of PC lighting, 3 rear chambers and all the media. I tossed all the ceramic rings and bio-balls and filled the rear chamber up with LR rubble!

Here's a picture of mine!

Attachments

• p1010122_795.jpg
    p1010122_795.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 27
I forgot to add ... like haus said the smaller the tank the more dedication you need. Make sure you can test almost daily and be ready to do some water changes if things get out of whack! Little changes lead to big problems in a small tank!!

Good Luck!

Jermz79

Back
Top Bottom