Next Filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A bak-pak is not a filter, its a skimmer. It doesn't work the same way a Magnum 350 would.

A single CPR isn't enough skimmer for a 75gallon...I'd go with the Aqua C REmora Pro with the mag pump...or 2 CPR bak-paks.

With sufficient live rock (1-2lbs per gallon of tank) you don't need a mechanical filter, just a skimmer, and enough power heads to give at least 10 x per hour turnover (750 gph - up to 1500 gph)

Oh, yeah I realize it's not a filter, I miscommunicated, I meant a skimmer by itself, or the magnum with a carbon tube...

Thanks!

Hey Malkore,

I think the Remora Pro is a little pricey for me, the std Remora claims to be rated up to 75 gallons, would you think it would be acceptable?

I don't have a remora, so I can't really answer that.
What I can say, though, is that every skimmer manufacturer over-rates the tank size the skimmer is suited for.

You might try using the Search link, and look for 'remora' and '75'...to find what other people recommend. I'm pretty sure at 75gallons people recommend the larger mag pump, but maybe not the Pro model.

Back
Top Bottom