NO actinic lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i currently have 130 watts of PC lighting. one 420 / 460 actinic bulb and one 6500 / 10,000 white light bulb. i am building a canopy this weekend and i have a chance to add a 20 watt NO ( 24" ) bulb to the canopy for really cheap. i was thinkin of adding a 20 watt actinic bulb to help add a little more color. would this be even worth it? my shrooms and other softies seem to really like the actinic. i even cut down my white light a couple of hours

any thoughts would be appreciated
thanks and happy thankgiving
steve r

Don't think it would help all that much will the coral... but it would definitely look kewl.... I've got PC actinics in mine and it makes all the difference in the world with the appearance of the tank.....

yeah they look awesome with my actinic lighting, but i thought maybe they could look even better with a touch more actinic light. i just found this also http://petsolutions.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_96302013_A_Coralife+20,000K+Bulbs_E_

you may have to paste the link together. it is my understanding that 20,000k white light has a similar affect as actinic blues. is this correct? i thought some people supplement actininc with 20,000k metal halide

steve r

In my opinion (not owning any MH lights), 20k lights are very blue to my taste (much like actinic). I like 10k, but kind of fond of one LFS tank which uses 14k bulbs with some VHO actinic.

Its more a matter of taste :)

Back
Top Bottom