No filtration. Please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GrimmGoby said:
Oh, really? I thought it if got bad, you were supposed to change it? Thank you for the advice :)

No, that is gold! That's where the bacteria lives that converts your ammonia to nitrites and then nitrates. Just give it a little rinse on your bucket with PWC water when absolutely necessary.

GrimmGoby said:
I thought the good bacteria was in the thing that goes in front of the filter.

It lives in all of your filter media. That's why most of us don't use carbon. Because when you change that out, approx 1/3 of your bb in an Aquaclear goes down the proverbial gutter. We keep extra floss, sponges or ceramic media in its place. I bet cash money we have just figured out part of your issue the other night. I wasn't trying to embarass you
I was shocked to finally have found what happened incidentally."!!!!

No, see that's the thing, that isn't my tank, that is my friend's tank I just pretty much adopted it like two weeks ago because no one was feeding the Piranhas, or taking care of them. He used to have 10 inch Pleco but because they were never fed, the Piranhas ate him. But I would change filters in my tank every 4 weeks or so, that's my fault, but now I know better.

GrimmGoby said:
No, see that's the thing, that isn't my tank, that is my friend's tank I just pretty much adopted it like two weeks ago because no one was feeding the Piranhas, or taking care of them. He used to have 10 inch Pleco but because they were never fed, the Piranhas ate him. But I would change filters in my tank every 4 weeks or so, that's my fault, but now I know better.

Awesome its all good!

Back
Top Bottom