noisey return pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

craig_will2513

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi again sorry for the silly questions all the time.. right a while ago i had a problem. i tried to conect my sump got my overflow running and my return pump.. problem was that the return pump was rated more than the over flow so it put water back up into the tank faster than the overflow could drain it. so i asked if anyone had any ideas and someone suggested i fit a tap valve to dial the pump down a little.... new problem if since done this and got the balance perfect so it runs nicely now. but because i have turned the tap down the pump makes a very loud rattleing noise i know this is because if restricted the flow with the tap because when i open it fully the noise stops. so my question is has anyone els had this and is there any way to have the tap at the correct position without it making the loud noise

Is your pump adjustable? I got an adjustable one and even put in a valve to make it even slower. When I had the pump on full flow it was noisier.

where is the valve located? i have never heard a pump make noise when choked back if done at the exhaust port. i would check the impeller and make sure it's seated correctly and that all bushings/spacers are present.

hi the pump is in my pump i have connected some water pipe to the pump to the tank. Iv fitted a value about 5 inch up the pipe from the pump if i open it full its ok but if i dick it back it makes a love rattleing noise

Back
Top Bottom