Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Chriznat20
Angry Noisy Emperor 280 .. driving me nuts!!

I bought a 46 bow front setup on craigslist - the seller gave me a BOX of 3 filters. One was an Emperor 280 and the other 2 look to be identical aqua-clears. Well, being a long-time user of the Penguin's with the bio-wheel, I set up the Emperor 280.

At first it was nice and quiet, like my Penguin has always been. Howver, after a few hours though it got noisy sounding like something was in the pump or the impeller was not seated right. I took it apart several times trying to remedy the noise, it was very clean but I cleaned it again anyways. Impeller seemed alittle sloppy -- no biggie. Tracked one down at a LFS today and got it for $15. Put the new impeller in - its about 25% less noisy but still very loud! It sounds like the impeller or something in that area is rattling. Its pumping water great, not sucking air (aquarium level is max) .. I dont understand why its noisy.

Any suggestions or advice before I go crazy? lol

Old 11-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Chriznat20
Ok, called Marineland Customer Service and they are sending me a new manifold. I hope this quiets it down!!

Tags
noisy

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com