Noisy Mag 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nytelighter

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Guys, Need some help with a noisy pump. Just got a brand spanking new Mag 5 and it's noisy. It making a clicking sound which I'm thinking might have something to do with the impeller. I opened it up and everything seems to be fine. Any suggestions?

Also are the Ehiem pumps that much better than the Mags?

Can't help with the problem but I can tell you that the eheim pumps are considered to be top of the line.

Thats what I've been reading. But what kills me is that I also read posts where people say their Mag5 is quiet but mine is nowhere near that. I wonder if i just have a defective unit and I just need to launch this sucker back.

For those interested, I got a new impeller for the Mag 5 and it helped a bit, but I also bought a Eheim Compact 2000 and it blows the Mag away……ten times quieter.

I would return that mag 5 Asap, somethings wrong with it IMO. Im running a Mag 9.5 and dont hear more then a quite hum it that, The pump that came with my seaclone skimmers is louder then my Mag 9.5

Back
Top Bottom