Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Noob - Lighting for my new 75 Gallon

I just set up a 75 gallon tank that i want to do a really nice reef setup with. It is already drilled and has an overflow setup for a sump,etc... It is an upgrade from a 15 gallon i have. I have not ransfered anything from my 15 gallon but a couple live rock (and a snail that hitched a ride).

I am trying to learn all i can. My Main question, I don't know what light i need. I would prefer to stay as cheap as i can but i also want to get something that will do what i need ( i don't want to have to replace it later). I like all the soft corals.. the hard corals i am guess ing you can buy fakes for that look the same. But the soft corals i want to be alive. Keep in mind, i am not good with the terminology so as far as i know, anything soft to the touch or anything that moves in the water is a "soft coral".. so if this is wrong please correct me.

I have heard some people say that a 4 bulb t5 HO system will be fine, others say i need a 6 bulb... but 6 bulbs are a bit spendy for my tastes.. any help would be great

Old 10-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

btw, it is your typical 48 inch 75 gallon tank i think. There is debate about the size.. from top to bottom (including the trim) it is 23 1/4 inches tall.. so u tell me I bought it used and the lady didn't know what size it was..

Tags
5 gallon, 75 gallon, light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com