Not too long after increasing the lighting...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GinaD

Aquarium Advice Activist
One of my corals is 'blooming' fabulously and I just had to share!!!
Never had a coral like this before.
I had increased the lighting about a month-1/2 ago and my coral has just started looking like this in the past day or so.

Thanks!!
Well, before, it was just one hood with a 50/50 long fl. bulb, then about a 1-1/2 months ago I added a second hood with 2 50/50 mini's. I only have a 10 gal (now with 35watts of light), so I am guessing this is what did it, since I have been putting in the same supplements all along and making the same water changes.
(I think I'll add this pic to my gallery)

Wow, a great article. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm here to learn!
So what is your take on my gogonian? Do you think it will survive in my 10 gal?
It's been there about 2 months.

Well I won't lie to you, the chances of long term survival in such a small tank is not promising. The biggest issues being feeding and water quality. You need to feed enough to keep it healthy but in doing so, water quality degredation can lead to tissue necrosis, waxing and algae build up. You will really need to be diligent with water changes and water quality testing. Best food I can think of is alternating between DT's oyster eggs, Liquidlife Bioplankton and Cylop-eeze.

Just be prepared to do multiple water changes weekly to keep water quality in order.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom