noticed a chip in my glass :-(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e_murray

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, This tank has been up and running for around 2 months now and today I was messing with the background and noticed a chip in the glass..

The piece looked a little discolored and I touched it and the glass piece just fell out in my hand, I guess the movers chipped it bringing it in the house..

They were (friends) so not much I can do about it.

Its not leaking or anything thank god.. but do I need to do anything to it to strengthen or repair it? This is a 280 gallon tank and the glass is really thick. I think it will be ok because the chip does not appear to have gone all the way through the glass.

I just don't want to come home to a flooded house and dead fishies!

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0227[1].jpg
    IMG_0227[1].jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0228[1].jpg
    IMG_0228[1].jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0230[1].jpg
    IMG_0230[1].jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0232[1].jpg
    IMG_0232[1].jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 105
Where is the crack? Just one of the sides? As long as there's still a decent amount of glass to glass thickness/contact the tank should be fine. There's really nothing to my knowledge that can be done to strengthen it.

Yeah its on the back side in the middle where the 2 panes of glass meet. sorry for the sideways picture my computer would not cooperate to let me flip it around.

Back
Top Bottom